The 162 Salamander
Realistic WWII Jet Fighter Plane
Very Stable Flight Characteristics
95% Assembled and Pre-Painted
Powerful and Fun to Fly!
A very unique aircraft that was designed and manufactured by the German Luftwaffe in World War II, the Heinkel 162 Salamander makes a truly fantastic RC Jet for the beginner. While in skilled hands it’s certainly capable of a whole range of aerobatic stunts, it’s stable flying behaviour makes it an ideal jet for those new to the sport.
The very distinctive electric fan engine mounted overhead directly behind the pilot delivers enough thrust to propel this model RC Jet to stunning speed. Capable of being hand launched or taking off from a smooth surface this HE 162 Salamander is a delight to fly. Simply add a notch or two of throttle and you’ll be speeding skywards in a nice, stable way.
This package comes complete ready to fly, with only the very last stage of assembly required out of the box, including pre-installed electronics, paint and of course the attention to detail and accuracy expected from Starmax jets. The He 162 Salamander, or Volksjager, is made from rugged and shock-absorbing foam which can take a bump or two during those first landings - making the novice flyers life a lot easier!
25 Amp Electronic Speed Controller
Powerful Brushless Motor
64mm Electronic Ducted Fan
3 Cell Li-Po - 1300 mAh - 11.1V Battery
Take Off Weight: 600g
Wing area: 12.8dm²
Wing Load: 47g/dm²
Flight Time: Approx 15 mins
Flight Range: 1,000m (1km)
Radio Transmitter: 4 Channel
Radio Receiver: 6 Channel
Servos: 4 x 9g
Authentic Luftwaffe Decals (stickers supplied)
CAD Engineered Design
Real Plane Facts
- Officially called the Volksjäger which means ‘People’s Fighter’
- The nickname ‘Salamander’ comes from the development project codename
- Originally built largely out of wood, it was the world’s first light ‘throwaway’ fighter – as precious metals and fuel were difficult to get in War torn Germany
- At 2,000kg it weighed in at less than half that of other fighters at the time
- Had the full Volksjager program got into full swing, the Hitler Youth would have been given a short amount of training and flown this jet in combat
A brilliant RC Jet suitable for the novice flyer doesn’t come around very often, and here we have one that outclasses some much more expensive models!
Smooth flying characteristics and plenty of speed make for fun, constantly exciting flying as you challenge yourself to do more and more with this plane.
Aerobatically capable and very realistic looking in the air, this plane is a delight to fly!